Tuesday 18 January 2011

Statement



The Graphic Design course at Manchester Metropolitan University interested me due to the course content, the varied work placements and opportunities, and also the success rate of their students. I see myself as a creative ambitious individual with a passion towards my work. A lot of time, effort and commitment is put into my work which shows how important it is to me. I am a very competitive person which shows in my hobbies (basketball and music).

The work that I have submitted is some of my favourite and best pieces from Graphics, Photography and even Media. My first piece is part of my A2 Graphic Design coursework, it is a weeping willow tree which was originally a pen drawing that I imported into 'Photoshop' and created this dark creepy atmosphere (based on Charles Burn's work who inspired me to create this piece). My next piece is my logo for my Media coursework, I used the same method as my Charles Burns piece. The next three pieces of work are pencil drawings, the first is of my first ever pair of basketball boots which are very precious to me, my second piece is my final idea for my Art GSCE exam, the reason why I have added this in is because it is what is in my world and what I enjoy. My third piece is another sketch of a pair of boots and ball. Campbells Soup and my weeping woman wax piece were inspired by the famous Pop artist Andy Warhol. My next four images are from my Photography coursework. My theme is movement, these four pieces are just a taster of my work and are four of my favourite. My final piece is from first year Graphics exam and is one of my favourite pieces so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment